More Information as usual on the Whittlesey Neighbourhood Watch Website.
Fraudsters are texting members of the public offering a tax rebate. The text message contains a link to a website and requests to provide personal information, such as bank account information, to claim the nonexistent rebate.
- Don’t click on web links contained in unsolicited texts or emails.
- Never provide your personal information to a third party from an unsolicited communication.
- Obtain the genuine number of the organisation being represented and verify the legitimacy of the communication.
- HMRC will never use texts or emails or tell you about a potential rebate or ask for personal information.
- If you have provided personal information and you are concerned that your identity may be compromised consider Cifas Protection Registration.